(Almost) everything you need to know
1. What does the Energy Starter consist of?
2. What type of solutions are you looking for?
For the Renewables & Green Hydrogen Track EDP is looking for innovative projects in hydrogen, with the aim to reach its targets on renewables and enable the transition in sectors with higher carbon intensity.
For the Client Solutions & Mobility Track, we are looking for new solutions that facilitate the transition to electric mobility and boost the development of distributed generation solutions that will support EDP’s customers in their decarbonization efforts.
3. What are the upsides of joining Energy Starter?
4. Is Energy Starter like other accelerators?
We believe we are different; we are more a business development program than a traditional accelerator / incubator. We’ll provide your business with opportunities to:
- Showcase your solution to EDP’s business units and innovation teams across over 28 markets globally
- Test and develop your solution in partnership with EDP, with access to resources, infrastructure, expertise, and a global market
- Access to feedback and insights from a wide pool of mentors and energy experts matched to your unique requirements
- Connect with EDP Ventures, the venture capital arm of EDP, for funding prospects
- Networking opportunities in EDP’s energy and innovation ecosystem of partners and stakeholders
5. What information do I need to provide in my application?
6. What is the process for applying?
We ask you for information about you, your idea, your team and your company in an online form on the F6S platform. Once the application is submitted, Beta-i will get back to you on next steps.
7. What happens once I’ve applied?
8. Is travelling required during the program?
9. Is there a minimum age?
10. Who can participate?
11. I have a good business idea – can I participate in Energy Starter?
12. I’m quite an early-stage startup – am I right for Energy Starter?
13. I’ve been in accelerators before and have customers – is this right for me?
14. Do I need to give away equity to participate?
15. Are you asking for exclusivity?
16. Will I need to disclose confidential information about my business?
17. Are you offering any travel support or assistance?
There is a travel and accommodation grant to help cover part of these costs with the exceptions of locally based startups.