ENERGY STARTER is looking for innovative solutions that will leverage the existing infrastructure, while looking for new growth adjacent opportunities:
Challenges & Solutions
New Grid Solutions
including microgrids, extreme weather, events prediction and management
Grid Management and Operation
including interaction with DER and new technologies to maximize overall performance of the power grid
including Smart Cities and fraud identification
including consumer data for new Energy services, automation of
call center operations and predicting consumer behavior
including DER/DRES penetration, grid resilience and IoT sensors with a focus on low-voltage assets
EV charging points, public lighting
A chance to test your solution in the energy sector in partnership with EDP (Portugal, Spain, Brazil, USA).
Access to a wider pool of mentors and experts matched to your unique requirements.
Going global: the opportunity to grow your network within the global energy sector and the potential to be invested from the partners.
Input, feedback, and insight into your product/ service and business.
Time to develop a relevant proof of concept with senior stakeholders.
Be evaluated by EDP Ventures to receive financial support and/or know-how for your startup.
May 3 – June 1, 2022
June 9, 2022
July 5 – 7, 2022
July – December, 2022
Q1 – 2023
In a nutshell
1. What is the deadline for applying?
The Future Grids Track will be open until 1 June 2022.
2. What information do I need to provide in my application?
We ask for information about you, your idea, your team and your company. Don’t hold back, let us know how great you are.
3. What does the Energy Starter consist of?
4. What type of solutions are you looking for?
- New Grid Solutions: including microgrids, extreme weather, events prediction and management;
- Grid Management and Operation: including interaction with DER and new technologies to maximize overall performance of the power grid;
- Market Interaction: including Smart Cities and fraud identification;
- Customer Experience: including consumer data for new Energy services, automation of call center operations and predicting consumer behavior;
- Asset Management: including DER/DRES penetration, grid resilience and IoT sensors with a focus on low-voltage assets:
- Smart Cities: EV charging points, public lighting.